Tuesday, May 31, 2011

AHHH TECHNOLOGY!!!!

Technology is great and terrible at the same time. The reason it is so great is you can stay in touch better and more efficiently than before. It helps us keep better records, store more information, and monitor finances better than ever before.

I feel very torn about techology. On one hand I am a user of technology and I enjoy using it. The I use a phone that can access the internet, I love to text my friends and boyfriend. Keeping in touch is easy and reliable.

On the other hand  I miss getting letters in snail mail. I love the feeling of the paper, the smell of ink and to have something tangible. I love getting letters or a card in the mail. The idea that someone took the time to sit down and think of me and write down something I can keep is etremely special.  People are also missing out on how to interact like a normal person. They cannot look people in the eye and speak in English. They cannot write in complete sentences. They cannot seem to function without their computer or phone. One more reason to be leary of technology is anything you put out there or ever store on a computer, cell phone, iPad ect. is always visable to someone with enough skill to find it...scary.

I do love technology, but as with almost everything else, it needs to be used in moderation. A great lesson for everyone would be to see if they can live without technology for a week. That is a skill we should all have in case of an emergency where technology can't help us. People are only as good as their skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment