Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Escape


Books are the best way to escape. I have always loved to read as a way of coping with the stark reality of what is going on around me. Books help you have an adventure without ever having to get out of your chair or couch. You can be whomever you want to be, from a witch or wizard to an ancient hero such as Achilles. It can open new ideas, worlds, and experiences to you. In books you can see how something you say everyday can have a different meaning and can hurt someone. It can be a tie to a new culture and a is way to see beyond your own experiences.

I have always read anything I can get my hands on. I have read about ancient Egypt, China, Greece, Rome and India. I have read about wars, all the ones America has participated in. I have read about the fall of the Berlin Wall and how the making of the Great Wall of China cost as many lives as a war, if not more.

Books have opened my eyes in a way I could have never done completely on my own. They also allow me to escape this reality when I feel stressed or ready to explode. They are like a stiff drink for me. They calm my nerves and make life a little more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment